simulation suite

jamfu

I am using the structural analysis fea tool in inventor, and I cannot seem to find a way to be able to look at stresses for a single point along my model, for hand calculation comparison. Is there a way to do so? If so, how? Any help would be appreciated.

Jamfu

I am using the structural analysis fea tool in inventor, and I cannot seem to find a way to be able to look at stresses for a single point...

The basic FEA in Inventor is intended for single part analysis, you might want to download this technology preview -

http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/advanced_simulation/

In the current Inventor all you can do is indicate a min max area.

min max.jpg

• 1 month later...

Down loaded the new FEA from Inventor labs and it looked ok, not sure I will master it but looks good, lets hope it's free with IV2010, if not, I will not be paying for it.

I am using the structural analysis fea tool in inventor, and I cannot seem to find a way to be able to look at stresses for a single point along my model, for hand calculation comparison. Is there a way to do so? If so, how? Any help would be appreciated.

Jamfu

When you look at the colorbar results each color signifies a range of values related to your part. This is typically how i check things are in the right area, but i have not found a way to pinpoint a spot in the middle of a part. Im typically interested in the points which are stress risers and usually the max stress location anyway. I have to do some analysis this week so ill have another look.