Creating a mesh to a solid in 3ds max

cameroon95

Hi guys, can someone pleas tell me how i could convert my meshes into a solid in 3ds max? I was told this may reduce file size.

Thanks in Advance

Well, I don't know why you would want to do this, unless you are Exporting your model into another program that needs the model to be a solid. There is a plug-in you can purchase for that from The 3D Studio

I have not tried this plug-in, so I can't vouch for it's reliability.

Well, I don't know why you would want to do this, unless you are Exporting your model into another program that needs the model to be a solid. There is a plug-in you can purchase for that from The 3D Studio

I have not tried this plug-in, so I can't vouch for it's reliability.

We have another piece of software that requires the model to be a solid, I noticed that plug in the other day, mite check it out although it is a bit expensive. Thanks for the tip!

If you do decide to try it out, be sure to post back with a review. I would be interested to know how well it worked, or didn't work?

Yeah no worries mate, will be have to convince my work for the funds8)

• 3 years later...
Hi guys, can someone pleas tell me how i could convert my meshes into a solid in 3ds max? I was told this may reduce file size.

Thanks in Advance

Hi, I have the same problem, I need to convert my model (I prefer to work with poly) into a solid in 3dmax... do you know how??? thanks!

If you need to export your model for use in another program that requires solids, try exporting your model to .sat format: http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/13/ENU/Autodesk%203ds%20Max%202011%20Help/index.html?url=./files/WS73099cc142f48755-385a98b012180d20f19-38a0.htm,topicNumber=d0e431190

yes :shock:, I need to export for the programs 3d-tool or SolidWork...I'll try this format...thanks for your reply... :shock: