Logo Issues.

AllieEatsSushi

Alright everyone, this is probably going to be an obvious question, but I am having issues, and I need help pretty bad.

So I made a block for my company with attributes, and everything works fine, the only problem I have is that I need to add the company logo.

I'm using AutoCAD 2009, and after I add the logo everything is good, but if I e-mail the block (dwg) to a co-worker, the image (logo) isn't inserting with the block. It just doesn't show up.

Any ideas?

I have the logo saved in Jpg, GIF, Psd, Png, and PDF files.

Everyone in my office is using LT 2009 except me, so we don't have database connectivity.

I'm going insane here! I have read everything about raster images, compatable files, and Xfef images in the (CAD Bible), all at no help.

Please give me some advice. Thank you so much in advance.

~Allie

Recreate/trace over it with Autocad entities.

I tried that, but there is an arrow in the 'G' of the logo that is IMPOSSIBLE to re-create. (I say this being only a beginner in CAD) And when I get it looking awesome, I print it, and it's always off by just a hair!!

Google 'GlobaLogix,' and click the first site. (Sorry I can't post the link here, I have to post one more thread before I'm able to post links)

It's the logo in the top left corner 'From the Well Head to the Web Site.'

Any other pointers?

I have spent hours trying to get this perfect.

hey allie,

try eTRANSMIT. It gives you the chance to include the image of the logo and it will be send with your dwg. in a zip file.

An other option is use CorelDraw. The program allows you to convert the drawn lines into a dwg

hey allie,

try eTRANSMIT. It gives you the chance to include the image of the logo and it will be send with your dwg. in a zip file.

An other option is use CorelDraw. The program allows you to convert the drawn lines into a dwg

Thanks for your input cpriedel, and I'm def going to look into both, but in the meantime... Is there a quick fix?? Something that I can use just for this block so everyone can access it from the web, and use it until my boss can set up eTRANSMIT??

Or something of the sort..

Sorry, I'm a newb at CAD so I'm not sure if this is an obvious question or not.

You could use OLE to attach the image - no path would be required and it would be bound to the dwg.

OLE can act funny sometimes and tends to bloat a file, so I would still recommend creating the object as an autocad object.

One method would be to save the jpeg as a WMF and import that into cad. WMF is a vector format. It will likely need some cleaning up though...

I was trying to use the eTRANSMIT method, but I was wondering if I was to send files (dwg) to co-workers using eTRANSMIT in Microsoft Outlook... Would they be able to open and use the files if they don't have AutoCAD 2009 on their computer???

I hardly know anything about it, and I can't find any good help files on the internet.

I tried that, but there is an arrow in the 'G' of the logo that is IMPOSSIBLE to re-create. (I say this being only a beginner in CAD) And when I get it looking awesome, I print it, and it's always off by just a hair!!

Google 'GlobaLogix,' and click the first site. (Sorry I can't post the link here, I have to post one more thread before I'm able to post links)

It's the logo in the top left corner 'From the Well Head to the Web Site.'

Any other pointers?

I have spent hours trying to get this perfect.

Off by a hair in what way?

Off by a hair in what way?

I'm basically drawing the arrow of the 'G' directly over the text, and since I can't snap 2 the 'G' because it's text... The arrow isn't placed directly over the 'G' without a little hanging off, or the opposite. I tried hatching in white to cover up my mistakes (It looks like a kid drawing out of the lines), but when I think I have it just right... I print it, and it's still not completely lined up over the 'G'.

I'm not great at making arcs either.

Does that make any sense? I'm terrible at putting this in words.

i would think of the etransmit as a quick fix as well as the OLE methode (and yes as long as you save the file as 2004 or whatever version the others use in the office before etransmit it should work just fine).

In the long run i would suggest tracing the logo in auocad and the "explode Text" methode that rustysilo mentioned sould work nicely for you.

GL

Let us know what worked for you

i would think of the etransmit as a quick fix as well as the OLE methode (and yes as long as you save the file as 2004 or whatever version the others use in the office before etransmit it should work just fine).

In the long run i would suggest tracing the logo in auocad and the "explode Text" methode that rustysilo mentioned sould work nicely for you.

GL

Let us know what worked for you

The explode text worked amazingly!!!

I'm still having trouble with the eTRANSMIT business, but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough.

Thanks SO much for all your help! You saved me a ton of trouble.

Y'all have a great weekend! :D