Any command in Autocad that behaves like Visio Line Connector?

mikemiller.gyc

Hi, i am not an incredibly advanced user but i know a bit.

I have Autocad 2008 , and Autocad 2004 LT.

Answering the question for either one would be great, also considering upgrading to 2009, so if that has relevance...

Basically doing some basic wiring stuff and was wondering if there is any command that behaves like Visio Line Connector tool. (Microsoft Visio)

(i.e. line jumps, auto routing, and click points)

If there is a way to get that same behavior with an Autocad line, i would love to know.

Thanks.

Perhaps you should explain what you are trying to accomplish. The more info you give the quicker you will get answers.

very basic electrical wiring...

if anyone has used visio, they have the line connector tool.

there are click points that you can click from one to the next...

when you do that it auto draws a "path" from the first point to the second point.

if there is another line connector in the way it will automatically "jump" the other line connector.

i am not sure if there is a way to make a line that behaves this way in Autocad, and i was just hoping someone else would know.

i don't know if that clarifies what i mean at all?

You might have to write up a lisp routine on this. I don't think that works in CAD. It will be great to have this on CAD. Makes Life Easier. I've experience Visio and its great when you are drawing a line and it automatically jump over a crossing line creating semi-circle above it when approaching.

Set SNAP to a value that makes sense for what you are working on. Also use OSNAPs to snap to the end point, mid point of lines, etc.