How do you scale Dimension Extension Lines?

savydrake85

Okay. So I want to use a dashed linetype for my extension lines(which i can do), but i can't scale my extension lines so that i can actually see the "dashes." I have noticed that sometimes if my picture is too big(ex. i have lines in my drawing in excess of 1000 units) my dimension extension lines all appear to be solid lines. I have tried everything i can think of to make my extension lines appear dashed when i print, but nothing is working.

If anybody can answer this question i will be ecstatic!

Im betting its LTScale, what scale is your viewport in paperspace? I use 0.6 * scale factor of viewport, but you sould use any number. I have seen 0.5 * SF and I have seen 1 * SF. Also, are you using Annotative dims and text? MSLTScale set to 1 will correctly scale linetypes based on the viewport scale with annotative objects. PSLTScale also needs to be turned to 1 if you want different scaled viewports to show the same linetype the same way.

Just out of curiosity, what type of drawing are you producing that has dashed extension lines? New to me...

ditto that because dashed lines always reference hidden objects.

I set my LTSCALE at 50% of my DIMSCALE. It is easy for feeble old brains ;)

• 3 weeks later...