wierd font

k so i started work for a new compony updating there drawings which have been neglected for nearly 10 years!!!

all the dimensons are exploded and there is somthing funny going on with the anotation text.

it will have a leader and then enstead of saying somthing like 3/4" such and such, it says some wierd symbol that looks like this ứ. I think what happened is that they used some fancy %% code. Now the company i work for is jappaneese so it could be that it was written in japponese originaly and converted

The Text there using is called simtxt.shx

How do i fix it

how about a global replace? would that solve your problem, or do you need to know how this scenario came about?

when you open the drawing, do you get a message about proxy objects?

yeah i get a message about proxy somthing or other

and i dont think global change would work because its a different %% code for each font right, there are like 6-8 different fonts, whoever did these drawings back in the 90's did a lot of wierd stuff

I've seen this many times for stacked fractions and have never been able to just convert them back to the original values. I think you are going to have to find a hard copy and edit the text. Once you know the correct value, you can use find/replace to change all occurances of the "fancy %% code".