Creating non-orthogonal 3D

didko

I know you might hate hearing it but my problem it's kinda urgent - I need help creating non-orthogonal 3D view. Where the Z axis is not orthogonal to the others. Thank you :twisted:

hmmm I know I'm very bad at explanations so I'll try to rewrite my question again :unsure:

If you take a look again at the picture I provided, there is a cube, which is not in isometric. it's in axonometry, but the Z axis is not perpendicular to the plane determined by the X and Y axis. So I can make a view where the side of the cube, which is lying on the XY plane is projected as it is in plan view or something, but in the same time I can see the volume of the cube :shock: I'm sorry for my bad english :(

if u look straight at the face of a cube, u can't really see what's behind.

that's violating human sight; if u were a strange bug, it might just work :lol:

u could create something like this, but it not a cube.

1.dwg

hmmm I know I'm very bad at explanations so I'll try to rewrite my question again :unsure:

If you take a look again at the picture I provided, there is a cube, which is not in isometric. it's in axonometry, but the Z axis is not perpendicular to the plane determined by the X and Y axis. So I can make a view where the side of the cube, which is lying on the XY plane is projected as it is in plan view or something, but in the same time I can see the volume of the cube :shock: I'm sorry for my bad english :(

I don't know about you but I see an Isometric view. :)

Do you know how to adjust your settings for Isometric Drafting?

I don't know about you but I see an Isometric view. :)

Do you know how to adjust your settings for Isometric Drafting?

You mean adjusting the view with 3D orbit or something else?

You mean adjusting the view with 3D orbit or something else?

No... The thing is, it isn't a true "isometric" view, with a X=150 deg, Z=90 deg, & Y=30 deg angle, but you can accomplish that view the same way you use the standard Isometric drawing method. Instead, based on the XYZ from the Gif Image you linked in your above post, it uses X=90 deg, Y=0 deg, & Z=30 deg.

But you use the same settings. Here are the proper settings to draw in Isometric Mode:

2753420144_e6fc10c9f8_o.jpg

2753420134_c04c9cde88_o.jpg

Set your drawing up using these settings and you are set. :)