Common designs with slight variations

guybrancati

Hello all,

This is my first post so hopefully someone can help!

I generally use AutoCAD for very similar designs time after time and I am looking to use AutoCAD more efficiently.

I have a common elevator shaft and car shell and for each project, minor changes occur - shaft width, shaft depth, car width, depth and height.

Is there some sort of table entry feature where on each project I can enter these values to automatically update my drawings on each project? I realise I may have to set something up first but at this time I really dont know where to start!

Hope someone can help - have a nice day.

Guy.

Welcome to the forum guybrancati :)

If you put 'doors' into the search facility, I think you'll find somebody making kitchen or house doors was doing what you're asking here

you may find you're into the realms of lisp programming there, but there are people here who can probably help you with that too if necessary :thumbsup: