How Convert Line Directly To Linetype

a sidenote, just in case - you know that the command REVCLOUD does exactly that type of line? And with Ortho on you can draw it straight with no problem?

I do understand you, I just thought if you didn't know about REVCLOUD I would fill you in, since that is how the linetype you want to do looks like.

I don't know how to do custom linetypes, there is a description in AutoCAD help that is fairly good, but it doesn't say anything about curved lines as far as I can see, perhaps you can add an image to it, I do not know.

Forgive me fro trying to find a simple solution.

To expand on Tiger's suggestion, when using REVCLOUD, you can choose a line already drawn to convert to the revcloud arcs, and also an option to reverse the linetype if the arcs are facing the wrong way.

However if you want to compile a shape, and then compile another shape the other way, in case the arcs are facing the wrong way, make a .lin file, and then if you send the drawing anywhere, you will have to send the .lin file and the .shx file, and tell the user how to add these files so that your linetype shows up - feel free. :?

Me, I would use the easy way as Tiger suggested. :D

thank alot my friends, i want it as i say because i want make a lisp draw rectang with this shape of line so i need linetype in acad.lin with this shape i need to write code for it in acad.lin any one help me?

cut/paste into utility.shp file.... or you could make your own shape using Express tools' Mkshape command.

*138,92,TREELINE
4,125,4,80,3,125,3,5,3,160,3,128,002,9,(127,0),(1,0),(0,0),001,9,(0,7),(-4,14),(-2,6),(-4,7),(-4,6),(-4,5),(-6,5),(-5,4)
(-7,3),(-6,3),(-7,2),(-14,2),(-7,0),(-7,-1),(-7,-2),(-6,-3),(-7,-3),(-6,-4),(-10,-10),(-4,-5),(-4,-7),(-3,-6),(-2,-7)
(-2,-14),(0,-2),(0,0),002,9,(0,0),001,4,128,4,160,4,5,4,125,3,80,3,125,0

cut/paste int acad.lin (backup first!)

*TREELINE,Treeline
A,.000003,[TREELINE,utility,s=1],-.1

you'll need to restart acad