Missing information on plots.

www.cmorephotos.co.uk

For some time now I have been experiencing sparadic missing information on drawings when plotting them out.

It all started when I installed 2009.

I was getting a fair few drawings back from engineers with stuff missing looking like the work hadn't been done.

I could print out a batch of drawings and all be fine then print another batch and 1 or two would have bits missing.

I contacted my reseller whom didn't know of any problem with 2009 and after looking at some drawing files and with a bit of remote assistance to see it if he could see any problem with the set up concluded it was a auditing error.

During this evaluation and me being of work for a day and my collegue whom was still on 2008 trying to print some of my drawings he was getting the problem but actually visually on the screen too. Everything in paperspace when print preview was missing on any drawing in the set.

Again we ran the audit command on those drawings and then he could view them completly in print preview mode.

I have since gone back to using 2008 and have pretty much had no problems until today. I was shown another drawing which I had created and my collegue again printed whilst I was out of the office which had info missing.

I have checked the plot.log file and no errors are shown.

We use an Oce 9600 plotter through our network and when plotting the little dialogue box that appears reports no error and nor does the print server.

I have attached a scan of the printed area showing the missing detail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

scan150.pdf

That is just so cool. Finally, someone else with a problem I've experienced on several occasions in the past. The one difference is the plotter. We're running a HP DesignJet 500+ with add-on HPGL card.

My setup:

AutoCAD 2007 w/SP2

Windows XP Pro

Standalone workstation connected directly to plotter.

The only solution I've managed to come up with was to swap out PCI parallel port for a USB to parallel cable. Seems to be working at the moment. Plots take longer to get started for some reason but at least all the linework and lettering is there.

Go to your printer/plotter settings and set it to use your computer's memory and not the printer/plotter's memory. It's the "in computer" setting, usually under the "Advanced" tab

Plotter is set to Spool, which is the same thing and has always been set this way.

The Oce 9600 is a dedicated plot machine with its own PC server which handles all the process of the plot file once created by the print driver from autocad or whatever program I am printing from.

When we last had the plotter serviced I asked the engineer to check for any data discrepancies, which he found none.

I'm more likely to believe its our own network loosing the data but cannot see at what point as no errors appear.

Other than that it can only be a processing error in Acad.