Chamfer & Fillet

caddiva

:cry: Hi!! AND HEEEEELP!

I work with multiple versions of AutoCAD and naturally I noticed some problems going from one version to another...Anyway, my most annoying and recent problem is when I try to use chamfer or fillet...It just will not:x respond!!

Can anyone help me with it??!:cry:

Thanks a bunch!!

Carla

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem, and I get no message in the command line.

On a similar note, is there a way to control the direction to fillet to? Meaning, which side the arc is.

what version are you having trouble with.

are you performing a fillet on a pline? Since the question was based on fillet and chamfer im assuming you are talking about 3d solids. Usually issues arise when there are problems in the solid. maybe a double edge or some discrepency when two solids are joined. Does it happen to a certain drawing or with every operation?

nekrophobe, what do you mean which side to fillet to? do you have an example? You fillet in a corner(internal or external) and the fillet will be centered on that corner.

• 1 year later...

Just out of curiosity.. if you press F2 after it "fails".. you still don't see a message?

The series of steps to run the command may have changed. I know I used to run into problems where my command line area was too small to see it tell me what I did wrong.

Im using autocad Architecture 2010. Been puzzled why the chamfer and fillet commands didnt work. noticed they do work with normal lines but not walls.

Figgured out the fillet and chamfer command now only works in autocad items, for autocad architecture items walls etc, you need to type in AECFILLET or AECCHAMFER for it to work.

If not as much as you try to select a wall, it refuses to select. so in command line it reads:

Command: f FILLET

Current settings: Mode = TRIM, Radius = 0.00

Select first object or [undo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/Multiple]:

Fillet requires 2 lines, arcs, or circles.

Hope that helps a little the autocad architecture users.. To solve the problem you need to modify your acad.pgp (there use to be a really good short cut modifer in the express menu) if you use f for fillet.

Hope that helps

I noticed that often the symptom in #7 above happens here too, even in the HELP folder it says no. I simply explode the PLINE, then issue the command, and relink the line all together again. Works in versions 10 to 2010 for me.

Go on to next situation then.

Wm.