make a block annotative

cadmench

I have asked this question before, but have not received an answer. I have tried to make a dynamic block using annotative objects, text leaders, etc. The block was created initially as annotative but later somehow after going over it in the block editor. It has lost it's annotative properties. Is there a way to make a dynamic block that is not annotative, make it annotative. this block has only visability features.

Try starting the Block command, select the block from the pulldown, check Annotative under Behavior, save.

or grab it from a dwg before the annotative feature was mucked up.

• 1 month later...

If you have a block with dynamic properties and wish to convert this block into annotative then you'll loose all your "dynamic" properties.

How to avoid that? don't convert then into annotative.

How to work around this? if you have new blocks that don't have any dynamic properties then this will be a good place to start.

First assign the annotative properties, then you would add all your dynamic stuff.

For blocks already with dynamic but wish to add annotative, then you would have to recreate all your dynamic properties after you assign the annotative properties.

Things to consider before proceeding with assigning annotative properties to block:

- make sure you are in the 1 = 1 annotative scale factor

- make sure the block is drawn at its true representation

- make sure that your drawing where you have your block has the following setting .. ANNOTATIVEDWG 1

I think this should cover it.

• 1 year later...

I have found the following process to work:

1-WBLOCK the block you want out of the drawing to a location

2-Open that block you just saved

3-Set the ANNOTATIVEDWG to 1

4-Insert the block back into the drawing

That way, there is no loss in dynamic properties and you set the block to become annotative.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was going nuts with this, so in case someone comes here through Google (like I did):

Open the dynamic block in the block editor. Open the properties palette (with nothing selected) and set "Annotative" to "Yes." The block becomes annotative without losing its dynamic properties.

If needed, uniformly scale the objects in the block to work as an annotative block, then close the block editor.

It was so easy! I rebuilt too many blocks before finding this. Hope it helps someone.