project manager asking me to draw without xrefs?

b.muqlueen

I submitted a drawing. with an xrefed bkrd. i am getting a respone if i can make it one drawings. i am guessing he is asking me do it with out a xref. what should i say to this guy.

you could bind the Xref. Meaning it will be become a part of the drawing instead of it being it own file.

That is exactly right. in the XREF Manager, right click and select the BIND option. Then remember to do a "Save As" so you don't overwrite the current file's settings, and send it off. Easy as that. :)

• 3 weeks later...

just posting a delayed thanx. being they wanted the dwg, i figured they would want the all xref files, in case they were passing it off to the next trade to draft. or coordination.

thanx

Sounds like you would want to use Etransmit in the future for sending out files....

Etransmit creats a .zip-folder containing all files that are connected to your drawing (e.g. Xrefs, Images, plotstyle Files,...).

yeah that was the point of my original post. i sent it etransmit first. but im am saving i binded version with diff name. and still got the zip files