can I make one object 2d wire frame in a viewport?

b.muqlueen

can i make one object 2d wire frame (while the other objects are shown hidden) or view from a plane in a view port, so that it will show 3d objects that are hidden because of the 3d object in question.

that might sound very confusing

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• b.muqlueen

• Cad64

• Hoozin

• OCD

Top Posters In This Topic

Confused

Do you want 2 different shade plot/visual styles overlapping in paper space?

or

Do you want 2 different shade plot/visual styles separate in paper/model space?

Are these DD3D/PD3D items?

here is the issue. i have 2 objects in line. when i do a side view, the first object blocks the second. the second is the only one i need a detail for.

this is a revision with one piece of equipment has moved(ie. the first object) which is now blocking the detail of the second piece of equipment.

i want to use the same paper space label. so i just seen through the first object all the text in paper space would still apply

this because these are all 3d objects the plot hidden

hope that clears that up a little.

the drawing is to big for me to post also

does it have something to do with d view? i cant seem to get that to work for me. if thats even what i need

Dunno about 2008, but I'm looking at 2005.

Open your 3D Orbit Toolbar, there should be a couple Clipping Plane Buttons to play with there.

man i am feeling like a noob. i cant post the file. too big. man i wish that wasnt all ways the case could some body try to explain this like you are explaining it to a retard.

in the mean time i gonna create a new dwg that mimics my file but smaller and show you what i am trying to achieve. this is killing me. i need to submit this.

Well, now that I see what you're trying to do, Clipping Planes won't work for you anyway. If you just want to isolate the one part, then why don't you just Freeze the other parts so they're not visible. Or is it necessary to see the other parts in silhouette?

If you just want to isolate the one part, then why don't you just Freeze the other parts so they're not visible.

I need them visible in the top view port. I can freeze per view port? Is that layer management?

thanx