Copy block with new name

asos2000

How can I copy selected blocks with new name? or one by one but in fast way? I am doing that using BEDIT but doing one by one and talks long time.

is there another way for doing that?

thanx

• 3 years later...

http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/05/autocad-how-to-make-block-unique.html

The trick is to use the FLATTEN command. If we select "Sample Block 01" and run the FLATTEN command, the result will be a flattened version of the same block called "Sample Block 01-flat1". Because the new block has a different name we can modify it without affecting the other instances of that block. So the result achieved would be the same we get in SketchUp using "Make Unique".

This, of course, only works in 2D, since the command FLATTEN flattens linework, it would turn a 3D block into a 2D one.

Works fine for me....

• 7 months later...

1. select the block you are working on, then right click to select similar. deselect what you wish to leave.

2. ctrl+x the block you want to copy as new name.

3. create / open a new blank dwg file.

4. on the blank dwg file, paste to original place

5. "rename" block using rename command

6. copy all, paste back to original file you were working on.

Just depending on working style I guess...

For me often the case is where I have a dozen or more blocks that needs change and another dozen or more blocks requiring to stay unchanged.

when the task is not simply a save as, but rather a work similar to make unique in sketchup, I do what I posted above and it is easier and faster.

selecting or deselecting then copy and paste is faster vs insert - select the block - then copy into same origin process.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone know why that routine of Lee's sends hatches to the front when using it (Dynamic Blocks). My knowledge to try to fix it isn't there yet.

giphy.gif

Sorry if I stood on anyone's toes, I can post a new post if need be.

• 8 months later...

Hello! I appreciate a lot Lee's lisps, solves many everyday tasks at work. I don't know if Lee Mac is following this thread. Recently experienced that using CopyRenameBlockV1-5.lsp  upon dynamic block being renamed or copied all dimensions that are within the block get disassociated. Dear @Lee Mac  , could you please take a look?

Kindest regards,

Edited by mikitari

• 1 year later...

Hey Mac,

I am trying your LISP CopyRenameBlockV1-5.lsp

However when I use the "Copy & Rename Block Reference." function, all hatches inside the block are re-ordered to the top (above all lines, polylines, etc.)

I have added my drawing for testing.

Please insert this into a new drawing as a Block first and then use the lisp to make a CopyRename

Note: If the block is re-defined in the drawing it is inserted in, the function works normal

This happens in both AutoCAD and BricsCAD

Greetzzz,

Gerben

Barge-TV-1.dwg

• 2 years later...
On 03/07/2020 at 14:46, gsc said:

Hey Mac,

I am trying your LISP CopyRenameBlockV1-5.lsp

However when I use the "Copy & Rename Block Reference." function, all hatches inside the block are re-ordered to the top (above all lines, polylines, etc.)

I have added my drawing for testing.

Please insert this into a new drawing as a Block first and then use the lisp to make a CopyRename

Note: If the block is re-defined in the drawing it is inserted in, the function works normal

This happens in both AutoCAD and BricsCAD

Greetzzz,

Gerben

Barge-TV-1.dwgUnavailable

I have the same problem with dynamic blocks, please help us Mr.Lee