Solview

kshotton45

In Acad 2008, after drawing my model, I load a template and use Solview ( then Soldraw ), to create a layout. This used to be O.K, but now, as soon as the template is loaded, it acts as a single viewport and displays a view of the model.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks Keith.

Have you given the SECTION command a try? It's new since version 2007, and is much better and more updated than the SOLVIEW/SOLDRAW commands. Hit F1 for a quick tutorial and description on how it works in AutoCAD. :)

Have you given the SECTION command a try? It's new since version 2007, and is much better and more updated than the SOLVIEW/SOLDRAW commands. Hit F1 for a quick tutorial and description on how it works in AutoCAD. :)

O.K. Thanks, I'll try that.

Keith.

The solution seems to be to select MODEL space, whilst in the layout page, then scroll the image of the model off the page. Re select PAPER space and continue. Everything works O.K. , I just wonder why I've never encountered the situation before.

Keith.

Tools > Options > Display > Layout elements. Uncheck the box that reads: Create viewports in new layouts.

Thanks. I've already done that and it's not really cured the problem.

Here's a clue, I have some dwt templates from Acad 2005 and I've tried them. They're O.K. They seem to be in paper space only. If I try to turn on the model space tab, I get a message on the command line - " There are no active Model space Viewports "

These templates work perfectly.

Keith.