Print spooling taking way too long

billville

I have a co-worker who's having a problem with printing. He is in our San Francisco office and im in our Vegas office, so i cant really physically see his computer to do any testing. This is why I have come to you the experts for help :D

He is saying that it is taking him roughly 15 minutes to spool a print. Do you think maybe he has a setting on that caches or regens the drawing while the print is spooling? My coworker in this office and i have been trying to figure out why it would take so long to spool a print, but could not come up with anything.

He even has a dual core desktop (same as mine) and i have never had this problem. Do you have any ideas why it would take so long to do this?

*dredges guff from deepest darkest corners of brain*

is there a setting somewhere which dictates whether buffering takes place at the plotter or at the PC?

*dredges guff from deepest darkest corners of brain*

is there a setting somewhere which dictates whether buffering takes place at the plotter or at the PC?

Not sure...where would i find that? Ive looked under options in the plot/publish tab but could not find anything that would pertain to that. Are you talking about with the actual plotter settings aside from CAD?