• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leongtechno

• Pineapple

• MSasu

• ReMark

Looks similar to the drafting standards used for Nuclear construction. That's what I'm used to having and drafting to. Then to come out into engineering and construction for oilfield, refinery and chemical plant - man are they slack!! Never seen such a mess. Many companies don't even know drafting standards exist much less that they should be followed.

Ok I'm climbing down from my soapbox now....getting some dark chocolate....yes.... I feel much better now.:lol:

• 1 month later...

The easy way to make a cad manual is to create template drawings that have all the elements that need to be in the cad manual. Then tell/show the cad users how to make there drawing look like the template drawings then throw the cad manual in the bin.

Most cad manuals are like trying to explain how to do the washing up by writing manual in stead of showing some one how to do the washing up.

8)

• 2 weeks later...

That may be true, but if you want to hold someone accountable for their shoddy work, you need to have something to refer to when they start up with the "well I didn't know" BS. I know people don't sit and work on a drawing with their CAD manual open, but when it comes time to chew someone's a$$ for slacking off, it's hard to do without a definite set of standards to reference them back to.

The idea is to have a template job which the users are accountable to match to. a CAD manual is a theoretical document were a template job with all the standards in, which has all the parameters of a real job and can be shown to work is a practical example.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear sir,

This 'cad handbook' very helpful for me!!

can give me one 'sample' to use ? this is using arc. firm ?

Dear sir,

This 'cad handbook' very helpful for me!!

can give me one 'sample' to use ? this is using arc. firm ?

Do you mean something other than the PDF that is attached at the very first post of this thread?

Are you looking for a template file based on OP’s standard? You can create your own very easy – just add in a new, empty, drawing everything you need to have available in each drawing and consistent trough project’s drawings (if you will do a search on Forum will find many previous discussions covering this mater). And don’t forget to save it as DWT type.

I working at sub-contractor firm. This is my project drawing in use.

I using arc dwg. just add the update the title block and add legend (same as layer & block)(take from consultant).

Are u also do the work like this?

yes, l looking a template file based on OP’s standard. l known this forum many previous discussions covering this mater. but I lazy to search one by one...

What this DWT type? I don't this Dwt..

Are you looking for a template file based on OP’s standard? You can create your own very easy – just add in a new, empty, drawing everything you need to have available in each drawing and consistent trough project’s drawings (if you will do a search on Forum will find many previous discussions covering this mater). And don’t forget to save it as DWT type.

1ST STY - Lighting + Power + ARC3.dwg

DWT = Drawing Template file type for AutoCAD.

Is just a predefined drawing stored in a dedicated location (local or network) to provide drafting environment and ensure consistency between company’s and/or project’s drawing. His special feature is that can be pointed at by NEW command and also SAVE will interrogate for name.

After you set your template, just chouse DWT file type when save it – you will be pointed to template files folder; whn start a new drawing chouse your template instead of shipped ones. May also set this as default template in Options to don’t be interrogated every time.

If you are always working on drawings already started by other company, then the discussion on template mater is unnecessary.

You may look instead for an AutoLISP routine to match the drawings with your company standard – I saw such tools in the past on Forum (search, again). But this may apply only if preserving the other’s standard isn’t mandatory.

what this is Autolisp ?

How do to use this AutoLISP routine to match the drawings with your company standard ?

Please teach me more ?