Can't install ACAD 2009 on Vista 64-bit

nscherneck

So i just got my new Sager which has Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Went to install AutoCAD 2009 and it told me that it cannot be installed on that OS. Hmmmm.

During the installation of AutoCAD 2009 you are presented with a screen listing the following choices:

-Read the Documentation

-Install the Products

-Create Deployments

-Install Tools & Utilities

I suggest you look under Read the Documentation and locate the following section:

Install AutoDesk products for an individual user.

Notice what is written under the following section:

System Requirements

It states:

"Before you install your product on a standalone computer, make sure your computer meets the standard minimum requirements.

Whether the Windows operating system is 32-bit or the 64-bit version is automatically detected when installing AutoCAD. The appropriate version of AutoCAD will be installed. The 32-bit version of Auto cannot be installed on a 64-bit version of Windows."

If you are using an installer disk then you must be installing multiple products. If this so?