How to convert to G-code?

nainuad

I am new in Cad program. Now I finished design for 3d already and want to convert .stl file to G-code format. How do everybody do that?? What the name of program and where to download?? Thank you very much for all suggestion.:D

• 2 weeks later...

i take my dwg files into mastercam. There is a little more to getting usable g-code than just converting your file unfortunately. You have to program everything you want the machine to do. While cam software does pick up on your geometry it does get pretty involved. What type of machine are you trying to post to? Whatever cam program you run(bobcadcam is the cheapest cam software i have found) you will need a post processor for your mill.

bobcad cam also has trial versions of each of their releases. the price of the software is only $500 so you know its not great but you can at least get used to cam software with meshcam and bobcadcam.