Can't use osnap on block

Polly

I use copy with base point to copy the block from one drawing and paste it on the other drawing. I can't not use osnap (near to, or apparent intersection) with that copied block. Anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem? Thank you.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polly

• GE13579

• rkent

• skipsophrenic

What do you mean? But I don't think so because if I draw an object I can use osnap of any kind without any problem. Thank you for your reply.

Do you want me to post the block on this forum? If I insert the block directly to the drawing I have no problem with osnap, but if I copy that block from one drawing and paste it on to the other drawing I will have problem specially with near to, or app to. I can snap to end of or center of.

Is the block inserted on z=0? Maybe check the properties...

If you can post the block, then I will emulate the problem, but please save down to 2006 as I can't open 2008.

Ok... I have the same problem as you, but if I BEDIT and save the block as whatever, when I insert the new block it comes in much smaller than yours, and snap to nearest works fine on the triangle and circle. I'm not sure what the issue is though and I'm afraid I'm away for the weekend from this evening so hopefully someone else can help, but does the block need to be so small in the first instance?

Just like I told you if I inserted in the drawing I have no problem. The problem occurred when I use copy with base point and copy from drawing A and insert to drawing B. Thanks for your help and have a greate long weekend.

I have no problem with _copybase to another drawing, the only problem for me (I think?) is that the original has been scaled up so much??

I had the problem when I tried to edit it. If I did a block edit, it snapped to everything perfectly. Now when I scaled it down to 1 instead of 20, I had no problem with snaps. Also the ltscale is too large. I would suggest scaling it down, do the changes, the resize it.

There are various problems with plines and osnaps, I know it has been real bad in 2009 but I think I remember problems in 08 as well.

Well I can't help you either. I downloaded the file and got every snap without a problem as a block. Gee even nearest works on every point of every line and shape. I don't know. No problems here.

Khama, try copy with basepoint and paste it because I have the problem when I do that. I have no problem with the block itself if I insert it (not copy from other drawing). Thanks for your time to look into this thread.

Try exploding the block. Type explode in the command line...select the block and select enter. Now try using osnap. Now it's not just one entity, every line is a single entity.