LineType not showing up in Layout

Proctor

Hello: I've created a custom linetype and if I draw a polyline w/ it in model space, when I go to my layout, it doesn't show up. Actually, I can see 2 small dots...look like the begining and ending dots of the object.

Does anyone know why this object is not showing up?

I've included a pic of what it looks like in both model space and my layout.

Thanks for your help,

Proctor

LineType_InLayout.zip

Check the LTSCALE of the line. try to reduce or increase the set value and check in the viewport. viewing lines in model and in a viewport in layout may not show the actual line because of the line scale

nocturne00 vbmenu_register("postmenu_169998", true); - thanks for your reply. I played around w/ the LTScale of the line as suggested; however, I still was unable to make the line show up in the viewport. If I set the linetype as continuous, I see it.....I don't think it's my line type, because I opened up an existing drawing someone else did and used my line type in model space on it and it shows up just fine in the layout. I tried comparing all the properties, but haven't found anything to make it show up.

thanks again,

Proctor

hi smorales02:

thanks for responding. Ok...I enter the command PSLTSCALE and set value = 1; after, I entered the command Regenall as suggested. I still can't see my line type. In reading up on those commands...it sure seems like it should work ....

any other ideas?

thanks again,

Proctor

Hi smorales02 - thanks again for your help: I think I must be missing the boat on something you're saying. When you say, "Is your LTS set to 1 and also the Linetype scale of the line should be set to 1 (in the properties)"

where do I check the first part of what you said (Is your LTS set to 1 )? when I right click on the line and do properties, I see the scale for this line is 1.

I've attached a pic of the properties....so you can look if it will help.

thank you,

Proctor

LineTypeMissing.zip

smorales02: I just set the linetype scale to .4 and it showed up. the scaling looks all off however, not realistic to what's in model space.

Proctor

You didn't need to change the LTSCALE at all, you should have changed it to "0" not 1, it already was set to 1. Then regenall and there you have.

Good Luck

just to check, Did you try to set your scale to less than 1?

try to set LTSCALE to 0.1, 0.01 and 0.001 :D .

happened to me before.

maybe ur drawing a really small line using a linetype which is of large scale.

Thank you all for your help: for each new layout create, when I set

Psltscale=0 and then regenall it appears to set the scaling equal to that of model space scale factor. Everything's working great now!!!

Thanks again,

Proctor