Scaling a Viewport to Metric

cadgirl2

I am looking at some metric dwgs for the first time and I need to scale a viewport to 1:85 - all the viewports that are already setup are giving me a different custom scale so I am second guessing myself. The charts that I have found online don't seem to be working.

Usually I would scale for example 1/48xp for 1/4" or use the drop down menu

Thanks!!

Here is what i found searching the yahoo machine:

http://www.draftingsteals.com/catalog-drafting---drawing-aides-scales.html

Metric Engineering Scales - metric scale measurements is the standard in most of the world. The principles are similar. You have to get used to measurements expressed in meters (m) and millimeters (mm). One meter is slightly larger than one yard. A millimeter is 1/1000 of a meter. Metric scales are usually based on ratios. A ratio is the relationship of one measurement to another. For example, metric plot plans are often drafted in ratios of 1:100. This scale is very close to the scale 1/8" = 1'-0" (1:96). Metric floor plans are drawn in a ratio of 1:50. This is very close to a scale of 1/4" = 1'-0" (1:48). Construction details may be drawn to metric scales of 1:20, 1:10, or 1:5. It should be noted that all dimensions in metric dimensions are in millimeters. Therefore, it is not necessary to use the symbol mm.

Based on that i would scale it 1/85xp

GL