Bind vs. Insert vs. something else??

deo06

Here's a conundrum I'm unsure about:

A client wants close-out drawings with everything bound together--meaning no xrefs. I know how to bind/insert xrefs into a drawing, that part is easy.

Here's the confusing part:

They want one separate CAD file for each individual sheet in our drawing set. They'd also prefer that everything (titleblocks, sheet labels, etc) be in model space rather than paperspace.

My boss says he's seen some command in 2009 that will transfer your paper space to model space, including your viewport and everything visible within it.

Does anyone know what he's talking about? I could take the long way and just bind the xrefs, transfer the titleblock from paper to model space, then scale and position it and clip out the excess, but I'd prefer not to do that. My team prefers not to take shortcuts unless necessary.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys can offer me. I'm operating AutoCAD 2009.

I believe I've seen something in this forum about the CHSPACE command. If you run CHSPACE in Paperspace, any objects you select should appear in Modelspace. You may want to search for that.

So that's what happened to that command! I knew it in 2008 through a drop-down menu, but couldn't find it in 2009. I didn't use it often enough to bother searching for it.

That may be what my boss was talking about. I might end up using it. Thanks for the help!

So that's what happened to that command! I knew it in 2008 through a drop-down menu, but couldn't find it in 2009. I didn't use it often enough to bother searching for it.

That may be what my boss was talking about. I might end up using it. Thanks for the help!

Glad to Help!

-Ben

Yup CHSPACE is the command u are looking for.

It is an express feature (or at least used to be)....been around since 04 if not more......

btw, it works both ways......model space to paper...

I'm sure if you search the net you'll be able to find another add-on or lisp that can export a ps setup to ms (and won't expire like the autodesk tool) as well. I know I've seen them before, somewhere...

It is an express feature (or at least used to be)....been around since 04 if not more......

btw, it works both ways......model space to paper...

In this case I would forget chspace and see the add on autodesk has, see the post with the link, sorry forgot the posters handle already.