Slow Properties Palette

I've been reading posts and searching the internet in search of anyone who has come across a solution to the Properties Palette slowing down object selection and I haven't seen any clear resolutions.

I've had the problem on the same computer with AutoCAD versions 2006, 2007, and 2009.

I can open up a new drawing using the acad.dwt then draw one single line and select it, the Properties Palette hesitates moment to refresh the information. Only when the Properties Palette is closed does the hesitation in selecting the object go away completely.

Over the past few years I've just become accustomed to a little slower productivity by not using the Properties Palette unless I really need to.

System Specifications:

Microsoft Windows XP Proffessional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Itel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz

2.00 GB of RAM

The video Card:

VisionTek Radeon X1600 XT XGE

Internal DAC(400MHz)

512 MB

AutoCAD 2009:

All files are installed and stored locally on the machine.

I'm running a similiar setup (with minor differences) and have never experienced a problem with the Properties palette. Do you have the latest drivers loaded for your graphics card?

I've used this setup with 2004, 2007 and 2009.