convert 2d dwg to 3d dwg

shamsam1

what program u using? isnt Mech'l2007 an autodesk program, so its still autoCAD based right.

basically derivition of 3d models is almost always from 2d drawings first.

For me there is no shorcut to create 3d drawings from 2D, (eg. top view, front view, etc. then immidiately a 3d model from it)

there is only the step by step process which involves learning the skill of 3d modeling. :)

I havent really heard of it yet.

if you plan to purchase it maybe you could post a new thread on it to get some feedback if its worth purchasing.

Nice, checked it out. and yeah it could definitely be a shortcut :D .

But dont you like to learn the basics of 3d modeling,,, gives you an edge in mechanical engineering

But its just my suggestion :P

Software engineer? That's good. When you have developed your new software that takes a 2D drawing and automatically, and without much input from the user, converts it to 3D I think you should make it available for beta testing by members of this forum. Thanks, in advance, for sharing your soon-to-be released program.