Attribute Extraction

JF_VIKINGSFAN

I work in the construction field and I am looking for a program or process to extract my blocks per view port or elevation tag. I want to generate a report that tells me how many sinks in a particular room, phase, elevation number, etc.

I am in search of something that would tell me how many products’ (sinks, fixtures, cabinets, etc.) is required and where it is located. Maybe there is something available already in AutoCAD or I can easily modify to work.

I know the attribute extraction can extract that info into an excel spread sheet and that's what I am hoping for but with a little more info. The problem is the few block's I have created with attributes for elev., qty., room & phase all need to be individually modify which would be very consuming to edit each block unless there is a command that allows me to edit multiple attributes at once. So maybe I can select all of an elevation and then edit elev., qty., room & phase or may input that information into the elevation tag and generate a report per viewport??

Thanks for any input!!

Thank you.

I have used both of these and they do work but, I hoping for more advance use of them.

BCOUNT does give counts of blocks, it doesn't give me location unless I make that part of each block. My goal is to make it easier to edit a group of blocks to change the room number, phase of the project, elevation number, etc.

ATTEDIT only edits multiple attributes if they are in one block but, I want to modify multiple blocks with common attributes and only edit the ones that are similar. For example change room 101 to room 102. I know that I can use the FIND command but there are some situations where it will change info that I do not want change. For example if I am changing room 101 to 201 it will also change my elevation number form 101 to 201 which will not work.

I hope this helps clears things up.

Thanks for the help and advise.

Using VBA or Lisp, you can pretty much do anything with blocks you want. I have something similiar, but it searches the entire drawing, so im not sure how you would make it work for certain elevations. Are you drawing in 3D to change elevations or how does cad know?