Removing Printer/Plotter from drop down list

caddmann

Hey guys, yet again I come to the gurus at CADTutor for help with something I just cant figure out. I have a ton of old plotters and printers in my printer/plotter drop down list in the plot dialog box. I only use 2 of them and have to sort through a dozen or more to find the ones that I use, I have set up page styles to eliminate some of the searching but it would be nice if I could just get rid of the old and obsolete ones, how do I get rid of them?? Thanks guys!!!:)

Oh i forgot running 2007.

On my system it is Start > Control Panel > Printers and other Hardware > then click on the icon for AutoDesk Plotter Manager. Plotter Manager adds, removes and changes printer properties.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Are they pc3 files or are they system printers? If they are pc3 files, just delete them from your computer (or move them to a safe location in case you need them back). If they are system printers, the easiest way to acomplish what you want is to make pc3 files of just the printers you want to use, and hide system printers in the options box

On my system it is Start > Control Panel > Printers and other Hardware > then click on the icon for AutoDesk Plotter Manager. Plotter Manager adds, removes and changes printer properties.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Yeah the funny thing is I have removed them from the control panel printers and faxes but they still appear in ACADD:unsure: , I dont get it at all:cry: . Thanks for the reply though ReMark!!:)

Are they pc3 files or are they system printers? If they are pc3 files, just delete them from your computer (or move them to a safe location in case you need them back). If they are system printers, the easiest way to acomplish what you want is to make pc3 files of just the printers you want to use, and hide system printers in the options box

If you are looking for .pc3 files then just use Explorer to locate the folder where they reside then delete them.

Thanks guys but they arent .pc3 files either, I think they may have been old system printers that are still showing up some how. Alot of these are printers that were on my station when I started here 2 years ago, but every time I go somewhere else, like out to the field to work and add another printer they dont ever go away, even when I have gotten rid of them in the control panel. Thanks again for the reply ReMark and CmdrDuh, I appreciate it.:D

My last try. Maybe they are showing up because some software is still loaded? Have you looked at the Add or Remove Programs function of Windows?

Yeah I have looked there as well and there is nothing, maybe drivers are still installed on my drive somewhere, I might have to look into that. Thats why this is so frustrating to me they are no where but they still come up, I really dont get it, it makes no sense to me at all. Thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate it...:)

try hiding system printers in options and see if they go away

You are the MAN! CmdrDuh!! I would buy you a beer if I could right now!!! Thanks again for your help!!!!:shock: :D

OK, so now that we know where they are coming from, and SHOULD you be missing printers you do use, in control panel you should find those printers and they can be deleted. If theya re not there, look for a shortcut to a folder. This is a sneaky way of "giving" everyone the same printers without having to give them the files.

OK, so now that we know where they are coming from, and SHOULD you be missing printers you do use, in control panel you should find those printers and they can be deleted. If theya re not there, look for a shortcut to a folder. This is a sneaky way of "giving" everyone the same printers without having to give them the files.

I will look for that, thanks again for your help!!:D Its great the only thing that comes up not are the .pc3 files, which is all I wanted in the first place not all the others that were just taking up space and time to sort through. Very cool!!! Thanks again!!!