Missing content center parts when moving an assembly from one computer to another.

KennethA

I just got a new computer at work, and I moved all my Inventor drawing files to the new computer. But when i open the files in Inventor, bolts, washers and such is missing and it wants me to search Content Center for replacements.

This would not be a problem if i only had a few assemblys, but i have hundreds, and every time I open one, i get this screen.

What can i do? Is there a "automatic search"?

Yes, I'm sure. I'm using ANSI, DIN and ISO. I installed the same I had on the old computer. I also have this problem if I work on my laptop at home and transfer the assembly files to my workstation.

I've also installed Inventor in the same place I had installed it on the old computer, and I use the same path to my files.

Do you still have access to the old computer?

If so, assuming you used default setting for content center location copy the folder from

My Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files

on the old computer to the same spot on the new computer and see if that helps.

you are not using vault are you?

Do you still have access to the old computer?

If so, assuming you used default setting for content center location copy the folder from

My Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files

on the old computer to the same spot on the new computer and see if that helps.

you are not using vault are you?

That was my problem. I forgot to copy this folder to the new computer. Now everything works perfectly.

Thank you very much.