"wipeout" command PDF problem

Kate_pw

I am using an architectural "delta" block symbol (triangle with number inside) that includes a wipeout layer beneath the text so that it is readable if it is placed on top of other drawing entities. When I create PDFs of my sheets they look fine on my screen, however, when my plotting service bureau plots them, the symbols look like black trianges, rather than ledgible numbers inside a linear triangle. The printing house of course feels that this is my error, but how can I fix this? :(

Thanks.

Check the print driver you are using to print to PDF. I ran across a similar issue and instead of printing to PDF using the dwg to pdf.pcs driver supplied with autocad we were using one supplied by Adobe.

Hope this helps.

Ditto what they said. Its to random on which machine you use. A little bit better drafting should allow you to place the delta with it not on top of work

• 4 months later...

create a seperate layer for your wipeouots and change the colour to 253 i think it is and it should reoslve the issue.Just make sure that you test your pdfs before sending them out to plot as i had the same problem myself and it can get rather costly...

I use wipeouts to hide portions of large blocks e.g. access stair towers partially behind buildings, very useful as you don't have to expode the block and trim it.

Seperate wipeout layer, colour 255,255,254.

For your symbol I would use the text background mask option in the text properties, bring the triangle above the text in the draw order and save as a block.

Or, draw triangle, fill with a solid hatch, then add an attribute for the text on top and save as block.

The only real irritant I find with wipeouts is turning the frames on/off. I would prefer they had a "Show but not plot" option like the imageframe variable.

cheers