Import of point coordinates from excel in acad

jbreard

This is the first time I dare post on this forum and I wish for starters to say hello to you all.

But back to business. I would like to make acad automatically create points out of coordinates calculated and stored in an excel file. Those coordinates are all derivated from iterative formulas more than from field survey which explains why Excel is the perfect source. Being quite a newbie in the autoCAD word, I can't say if my question is stupid or has been answered one million time before. If so, I apologies in advance.

If the solution lies in a third software, I'll be glad to hear a solution anyway.

Best regards,

Jacques BREARD.

P.S: I work on autoCAD v2008 full.

If your excel file is composed of x,y,z or pnezd type coords and you are just using regular AutoCAD I would recommend using SiteTopo, that is, if you want to build a dtm from topo points.

Perhaps you should further explain what your Excel file is and what you will be using the data for in AutoCAD...