+ Reply to Thread
    Dan Oliver

Default rotating model space in LT view port

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Due to the lesser capabilities of 2000 LT I seem to be unable to rotate viewports. I have a dwg and i need to get 8 different viewports most at different angles. I have tried many ways but cannot figure it our. My only way it apears is to set up 8 different dwgs, but if the drawing needs to be amended i am stuffed. If any one else has a boss who could not see the benefits of getting full autocad, and has over come this anoying problem I would be grateful for any help.

Bloke

Default Re: rotating model space in LT view port

Dan,

I can see where you are coming from with "tight" bosses but alas all may not be lost.
    Your solution may lie in saving a named view for each viewport (do this in layout space to ensure you have the correct scale & rotation (ucsfollow=1 etc) for each viewport). Then simply restore the desired named view in each viewport.
    If what you require is a "non-rectangular viewport - ignore the above & encourage your boss to shell out an extra few sheckles.

Bloke

Dan

Default Re: rotating model space in LT view port

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Bloke.

Thanks for the tip, it has worked a treat and saved many drawing files.

With regard to using a non rectangular view port in LT, this can overcome by opening a drawing with a L shaped view port, created in Full AutoCAD , and copying information into the model space.