Dynamic Block - Attribute Extraction

JBullseye74

Hey Folks.

I have this dynamic block say its a length of rail. This length of rail is tied to an attribute and field showing the length and rail reference.

Within this block is a number of brackets of different kinds which i have given different references say A, B & C.

Now im trying to get this information extracted onto a spreadsheet. The rail type and length attribute extraction works fine, but it wont read a block inside another block! Fair enough!

I tried creating additional attributes for the bracket types instead of blocks but it doesn't seem to list the quantities like it does the rails! Think this is because the attribute has been copied so many times in the block.

Also when you put stretches and move parameters on the length of the rail and positions of the brackets the bracket type attributes don't follow the brackets even though i have included them in the parameter! Where as when they were blocks it worked fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I hope it makes sense - let me know if you want me to explain more! :D

firstly make sure all your attributes have unique tags. Its easy when copying lots of attributes to forget to change them.

and second, make sure you LOCK the attributes if you want them to move!

Hey Dave thanks for the quick response.

I tried doing unique tags as well but for each one i had to name the same i.e Bracket Type and when you do the extraction it then has different headers in the worksheet Bracket Type, Bracket Type(2), Bracket Type(3) etc listing 1 number quantity below.

Also the Attributes were locked - wierd thig is some of them move and some of them don't move! Maybe i will try to post it up again i may need to re-draw it.

I got over the problem by using a lookup table and making a certain number of brackets visible whic comes off well on the atribute extraction. Just doesn't give the different bracket references only the quantities.