How to measure distances

aberrio

Hi, I'm drawing a warehouse in 2d. It's really simple: just a rectangle with squares (representing the shelves). My question is: given a few points inside the warehouse (let's say 20 points), how can I get a matrix or something, that gives me the shortest (but posible) distance between every point? I say posible because I dont want to have the euclidean distances, but the real distances that represent the path that a person can walk ?

Thanks a lot!

Andres

Type in command line in "ddptypes" and choose for proper point style.Then you can draw with "point" command and you can use copy or array as you need.Next you will be check os snap setting for "node".Finally you can measure between two points with linear dimension or distance.

Hi, I'm drawing a warehouse in 2d. It's really simple: just a rectangle with squares (representing the shelves). My question is: given a few points inside the warehouse (let's say 20 points), how can I get a matrix or something, that gives me the shortest (but posible) distance between every point? I say posible because I dont want to have the euclidean distances, but the real distances that represent the path that a person can walk ?

Thanks a lot!

Andres

just draw a polyline from start point to end point following a path which you were refering to and use AREA to see the length of the pline, or just look into the object properties under Length

thank you for your replies... the problem is that i have about 70 nodes (points) inside the warehouse, and i was looking for a way to do this automatically, rather than doing about 2.500 polylines.... (70*70 / 2) .....

any suggestions?

thank you for your replies... the problem is that i have about 70 nodes (points) inside the warehouse, and i was looking for a way to do this automatically, rather than doing about 2.500 polylines.... (70*70 / 2) .....

any suggestions?

You should change your point style from format menu--point style and size before you make point.

Assuming the aisles are at 0 and 90 degrees.

(defun c:test ()
 (setq pt1 (getpoint "Select start point A: ")
     pt2 (getpoint "Select end point B: " pt1)
   crow (distance pt1 pt2)
   ang (angle pt1 pt2)
   wdist (+ (* (sin ang) crow) (* (cos ang) crow))
   )
 (princ)
(alert (strcat "The walking distance between Point A & Point B is " (rtos wdist 2 2)))
 )