Angle Measurement

Dipali

When I didmension angle lines with dim>angular command, it gives me the resullt which less than 180, & if the anle is more than 180 than it shows the value 360-thevalue from the other direction. for example my angle is 225 clockwise from positive x axis. so when I dimesnion it, it show 135 (360-225) anticlockwise from positive x axis.

How can i make it read 225

I tried using clcokwise & anticlockwise under formAT>UNITS MENU. BUT no use.

What you want to do is to dimension a vertex.

Start the dimangular command, then right click. The prompt now changes to "specify angle vertex". Choose the vertex with the endpoint snap, then you have to specify the first angle endpoint, and then the second angle endpoint. Then, all depending which side of the vertex is the crosshair, you can dimension the angle greater than 180° (you can move the crosshair each side of the vertex, then pick which one you want). :D

Not very intuitive, but when you have done it once, you get the hang of it!

On looking at things further, this has nothing to do with a right click as such, but more to do with READING THE COMMAND LINE.

When DIMANGULAR is started, the prompt comes up. In the prompt, the option within the brackets is what the default option is when there is a null entry. So if you then press Enter, or Space Bar, or right click, that is equivalent to a null entry, and you then go on to specify the vertex.

READ THE COMMAND LINE. :shock:

Vertex.jpg

that is what I did, for some reason I have chnaged my right click settings & so it does not apperar there but I saw it in command line.

Whenever I am teaching something to freshers, my first advice is to read commnad line & it will guide you thru,

but sometimes you yourself forget what you preach:oops:

• 1 month later...

Now this I like. This could save me no end of text editing when detailing orientations on a typical vessel plan.

So thanks Dipali, for asking the question, and thanks eldon, for providing a very cool and useful solution!