tapped holes

nigel2000

In that case I would make a 3d model of the screw or bolt using the helix comand to produce the thread. Move your screw or bolt into the correct position on your solid model. Use the 'subtract' comand to remove the screw or bolt and there you have it a neatly tapped hole.

i am using 2D drawing and just want to represent a tapped hole i am from the engineering sector. so if someone could tell me how to show a plan and side elevation of a tapped hole that would be great?

How did I produce the tapped hole? You asked for a schematic symbol for a tapped hole. The dashes you see in plan view represent the threads. The solid circle represents the tap. In elevation, as you refer to it (really a section), the threads are shown diagrammaticly (the thin/thick lines that you see). The space below, or the tapped area, must extend deeper than the thread length required so as to allow space for the end of the tap and any metal chips produced during the tapping.

Have I answered your question? I'm not sure of the importance of any of this information in the scheme of things. All you need do is draw the symbol and indicate any necessary information regarding the size of the tapped hole and the depth of the threads.

By the way there are blind tapped holes and through tapped holes. A blind tapped hole does not go through a piece whereas a through tapped hole does.

When i download it again it opens ok.

Threaded shaft?

Tapped hole mate :)

If you like i could adapt it for whatever standards you use.

(i'm sorry this is a pittyfull attempt a humor. lol)

Threaded shaft?

Tapped hole mate :)

beg to differ. In BS308 for a shaft you draw a solid outside and a broken thread, for a tapped hole you draw a solid drill hole and a broken thread.

It is a long time since I read that standard but I'd be surprised if they have changed.

:D

now all we have to do is work out where the OP is to find what standard he should use.

as for exploding your block - I inserted your drawing and had to explode it to get to the block. Had I openned it there wouldn't have been a problem.