new linetype

acemasi

Hi, All

how do we create new linetype with CAD 2008. I use to master this before with the acad.lin, acad menu stuff but after a long time now i haven't been touching those. Can anyone refresh my memory a bit here...

cheers

ace

This topic has been covered extensively. Either use the Search option above or look at the bottom of this thread where it says Similar Threads.

Michael's Corner (see top of screen) also covered the topic I believe too.

Once you have done that then come back here with any specific questions that you still need answers to.

Yes, AutoCAD has included a Make Linetype command. Previous to this custom linetypes were made by coming up with your own linetype definition that was then appended to the acad.lin file. A search of the Internet will find "how to" articles about this method. There is also a fairly new piece of software, AutoLINE, that can generate complex linetypes suitable for use with AutoCAD and a couple of other programs as well.