Viewport Not printing-only layout printing

rambala1234

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for reading the post. I am using Autocad 2007 version.

PROBLEM

In paper space I have a viewport, border and text. When I am printing from the layout/paperspace only the items on the paperspace are printing and nothing in the viewport is printing.

SOLUTIONS TRIED

I tried audit, recover, overlaying the attachments instead of attaching but no use. I have checked all the freeze, no print for all the layers and everything is normal. .

RESULT

The problem persists. I did take the time to redo it but still the same problem. I just have four drawings to print but because of this my submittal is delayed. If someone knows a solution please do help.

Thank you

I assume the viewport is on, and its contents are visible in PS?

I also am guessing that by:

I have checked all the freeze, no print for all the layers

You mean that the viewport is on a plottable layer?

Are you able to post the drawing?

Thank you GE.

1. Yes, the viewport is on and the contents are visible in PS.

2. Yes, the viewport is on a plottable layer.

I would say that the drawing acts as if the viewport layer is off

or frozen when it is actually not. I was thinking it has something

to do with the order in which we need to plot but unable to do anything in that direction. Could this be a right line of thought

to get this solved?

By saying "post the drawing", do you mean uploading the drawing to the forum? I do not know if I can (I will check) but the drawing itself is very bulky with atleast 10 attachments nested.

Thank you GE.

1. Yes, the viewport is on and the contents are visible in PS.

2. Yes, the viewport is on a plottable layer.

I would say that the drawing acts as if the viewport layer is off

or frozen when it is actually not. I was thinking it has something

to do with the order in which we need to plot but unable to do anything in that direction. Could this be a right line of thought

to get this solved?

By saying "post the drawing", do you mean uploading the drawing to the forum? I do not know if I can (I will check) but the drawing itself is very bulky with atleast 10 attachments nested.

Yep I wasn't thinking I think you need to have a few more posts before you can upload files- I think it's 10?

Just so we know we're on the same page, when you say it's on, are you referring to the viewport? It just reads like you're referring to the VP layer?

EDIT- Sorry I'm tiring today- I see you mentioned that you can see it's contents... :oops:

Are you using x ref's? I've read that some large x ref's can become corrupt and may need replacing. Try detatching the major x'ref and see if that works just as a starter then you as least know where the problem lies.

If not using x'refs try wblocking your drawing to another drawing quickly to see if viewports work in that one.

Thank you so much everyone for your time and valuable input. We now have the issue resolved.

Please see my first post for the issue.

SOLUTION

I guess the issue was resloved using a combination of steps, which may not be a typical solution.

1. All the files, the references, nested references and the main file were audited separately. (I had only audited the main file!!!!)

2. Some of the bigger files were overlayed and not referenced.

3. In the printer selection screen (after you do ^P) pay careful attention to what boxes are checked. All paper space elements printed fine (incl border and text) when the "Plot paper space last" was uncheked.

I am so happy to find a forum where AutoCAD users can share and discuss their issues.

Thank you all ....