Problem creating template

kippax

I am currently creating a drawing template with paper space layouts for all the standard paper sizes.

All seems fine, however, there is a dotted border on all the pages in addition to my created drawing border and title block. What is this ?... is it the printable area ?

Its no problem on all but the A2 layout where it is inside my border. Tried editing various settings on the Page Set-up Manager to no apparent effect.

Any help please.... ?

Correct this is your printable area -

I would say your A2 border is to big.

Make sure your paper size is set to A2 and you have plot area set to Layout, I always tick the centre plot as well.

I've gone to the properties section of the dwg to pdf (this is what we use as we currently have no plotter of our own) and modified the printable area.

The A2 printable area seemed considerably more reduced than the other paper sizes. Changing this seems to have sorted the problem, but is this a wise thing to do/best solution ?

I had this problem when I was setting up the printer here. Our IT guys set up a HP driver for this, that seemed to solve the problem, with the printable area. Unfortunatly, because the IT guys fixed it, I am not sure how to solve it. You may look up other posts on the HP drivers though.

Cheers for the advice, but it seems that the printable area is plotter specific and altering the properties within the dwg>pdf plotter is the most convenient way.

If the current page setup is set to print to layout then you will need to change the size of the title block. If you change the page setup temporarily to plot to extents does the dotted border you are seeing move to where you expect it?