RevCloud Problem

frostrap

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with revcloud. When I go to draw a cloud it only draws a single point and ends the command. Has this happened to anyone else here?

I'm still able to convert polylines and other objects to revclouds using the command, but drawing one freehand doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,

JOe

The min and max are set to 1/2". It seems to work sometimes in paperspace, but doesn't work in modelspace at all (unload converting an object to a revcloud)

Keep in mind that 1/2" in modelspace versus paperspace will not have the same arc. You will need to change the arc size depending which layout you're in.

yeah, I'm aware of the scale difference between paper and model space, and have experimented with a number of different min and max arc lengths. Regardless of that I should still be able to draw the cloud.

We have a number of custom lisps being used here... it could be that one of them is setting a variable that is interfering with revcloud, but I'm not sure which variable that might be.

Any other ideas?

hmmm have you tried drawing a rectangle or other and turning it into cloud? when you select rev cloud right click and select object. just an idea!

hmmm have you tried drawing a rectangle or other and turning it into cloud? when you select rev cloud right click and select object. just an idea!

Yeah, frostrap said he'd done that in his original post.

I've done it, too, but it's much more convenient to just drag the cursor around. And it should work that way!

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with revcloud. When I go to draw a cloud it only draws a single point and ends the command. Has this happened to anyone else here?

I'm still able to convert polylines and other objects to revclouds using the command, but drawing one freehand doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,

JOe

Type CMDECHO on the command line. Change the value to 0. That should work.

I tried changing the echo variable like you suggest but it didn't work. Typically I leave CMDECHO set at 1 unless I have a lisp routine that requires cad to turn echoing off.

it sounds like this problem has happened to a few other people... it's probably caused by something simple, I just can't figure out what it could be.

Any more ideas?

To help trouble shoot the problem turn off SNAP, OSNAPs, OTRACK. Do you still have the problem? Check at Autodesk's knowledge base as this has come up fairly often.

Nothing I'd tried worked until today.

I went to the AutoCad updates 2005 page and installed the latest service pack and a couple of other updates.

Voila! Revcloud works as designed.

Note: Our AutoCad 2008 installation never had the problem.