Specifying a sheet revision

SuperCAD

I've got a question about sheet revisions that's been bugging me ever since I started at this new company. On our title block we have a table looking area for "Internal Revisions" (or revision block if you're used to that name) where we can specify what the revision number is (i.e. 1, 2, etc.), the date of the revision, and a brief description of what was revised. It's not so much that we "have" a space for revisions, it's how we "use" this space.

The explanation that I was given is that this space is to be page/sheet specific and we are to update/add to it anytime a change is made to a page or set of pages. That's easy to understand, so no complaints from me. However, as soon as we start a new drawing, the first row of the "Revision" table area has a revision level of zero (noted as ---), the date we started the drawing (which is redundant since this same date is located in another part of the title block), and a "Plan Created" description. This is the same for each and every sheet from the start.

My problem with this is that, logically, if it's a new drawing, we are not doing a revision and therefore should not be putting any information at all in this space. Also, since the dated is noted on another part of the sheet, why is it necessary for us to put the date again, and put a generic "plan created" description (to me, it's pretty obvious that a plan has been created when we're handing you a fresh set of drawings).

Unfortunately, we're only printing on 11x17 sheets so space is very limited and we don't have room for an issue block. It would be ideal to have both a issue and revision block, but we had to sacrifice one for space.

So my long winded post boils down to this: do you think I'm reading too much into this, or do I have a point that what they have been doing seems rather illogical and unnecessary?

I appreciate your opinions. (keep in mind that it's 01:00 here, so if none of this makes sense, I'll understand and try to clarify my points)

If you used the term "issue" rather than "revision" would that make more sence? The first revision is taking it from a blank sheet of paper to a useful drawing. Its a close call as to whether this information should be in 2 places or just one. We opted to have it only in the revision field.