MEP-Electrical Panel schedules (HELP)

TXGABE

Hello all,

This is the very first post that I post in this wonderful forum. I hope I can get some tips and help from you all.

In the MEP office I work for we recently shifted from Autocad 2008 to Autocad MEP 2009. Everything seems to work perty good, except for a few glitches here and there that we are trying to debug. Let me explain to you one of them and see if we can tackle it down.

In our Electrical department, we schedule power destribuition and therefore circuit it in either 1 pole or 3 pole. In the the picture below you see how circuit 31,33 and 35 are asigned to Panel "K1". The problem with this is that we show it 3 different times in three rows, since it is "3" pole. The problem with that is, that the contractor will see "3" different circuit breakers and wil purchase 3. When in reality it is only one breaker. see below.

Panel.jpg

I can make the panel schedule look how we need to look with "" quotes in the other two lines, meaning that it only contains 1 breaker.

like this..

PANEL2.jpg

But when we do an Automatic update to our schedules, the schedule goes back to its original data. It does not save the updates that you do to it when you update it manually.

But for the issue that we are having with the repetition of three lines, AutoCadd has an option for that. If you see in the first picture there is a window called "Panel schedule". That window has an option that says "Show each multi-pole circuit in one row"...but it is off, I cant click on it!!

any suggestions on how I can make that option available?

Thanks very much

GABE

• 1 month later...

I recently updated to 2009, and the service pac's, my problem is when i insert the 3 phase panel, it shows the same 3 circuit breakers as stated above, but also it still puts all the load on a single phase.

Has anybody else have the same problem

thank you