Trying To creat my own wall Style . need help!

Mr. Smith

Ok...Im trying to creat a wall. I took a wall that was already in system. Duplicated it and renamed it. Then I went to edit the properties. Im trying to creat an 8" wide metal wall panel (Pre-engineered Building) with a 3 5/8" metal stud on the inside. I can get it to look like what I want in the preview in the proberties dialog box. it saves. But when i go to draw that wall its not showing the different lines for the wall. Just showing up a 1 thick wall. and when i try to cut section..same thing ..jsut showing the 1 thick wall. But if i click on the wall and to edit...in the preview its what i want. Whats going on?

Ok....thanks. I see it now. Ok another question. Right now im using ADT 2006 and my library for componets such as toilets, urinlas, sinks , showers...you get the point. Well on ADT i have A LOT to choose from. Not much to choose from on Revit. I go to componets and go to load. And find the folders that contain the plumber fixtures. But there is just a hand full in there. Where can i get more?

Also...when i go to draw a wall...lets say i want a wall or a door that is 12" off the inside face of a wall. When i click on the wall to attach it automactically snaps to center of wall. I want face of wall.

I have set up a title block sheet. But when printing...it will not take up whole page. I drew thetitle block 23" X 35" so it will print on a 24X36 sheet. 1/2" clear all around page. It will not print correctly.

• 4 months later...

Hi Mr Snith, You have probably answered this already.

The best way to get more families is to create them yourself, this will increase your modelling skills no end. Another optioni is to look on other forum web sites such as turbosquid, augi, etc. try doing a google search for Revit Families.

To have your door set off the face of a wall, you will need to create the family yourself, with an offset parameter so you can tell it where to sit in the wall. By default, the Revit families will always snap to the center.

Not too sure about the printing, it seems to be a bit funny in Revit.