SketchUp vs.

madriver

I am looking for a new 3D program. My client currently uses Chief Architect. I do not like CA due to it's limited AutoCad compatibility. I am looking at CAD Soft Envisioneer and SketchUp. Any one have experience with either or both? Currently we use AutoCad to develope 2D plans and elevations, import into Chief and then adapt for 3D layouts. My client needs to upgrade Chief and I am trying to get them to look at a more compatible program without the complexity of AutoCad/Revit or Arch Desktop. I am an AutoCad firm since V11.

Thanks

Bob

Well it's honestly not fair to compare CA to SU. Like an apple to an orange. CA is a BIM program while SU is a 3D sketching application. Sure SU can do some nice work but if you are used to working in CA you might be disappointed with what SU can't do like CA. Just be prepared.

Good luck

Sean

Well it's honestly not fair to compare CA to SU. Like an apple to an orange. CA is a BIM program while SU is a 3D sketching application. Sure SU can do some nice work but if you are used to working in CA you might be disappointed with what SU can't do like CA. Just be prepared.

Good luck

Sean

My client really doesn't use the BIM capabilities of CA, they like the 3d modeling but really don't use it's material schedule capability. I hate CA's 2D drafting. So I am interested in finding a better solution for them with a program that is AUTCAD compatible and intuitive.