AutoCAD 2009 "Layer Properties Manager"

myself

hello everybody, im writing this thread due it to a problem im having with Autocad 2009, the issue is that the new feature of working with "Layer Propreties Manager" window open makes autocad really slow, i mean there's a small delay whenever i type a command. Is this happening with someone else?

Sorry, but I don't sense any delay what-so-ever running commands with the Layer Properties Manager open in 2009. Though my question would be, why would you want to? What do you have, a 32" wide screen monitor? LPM just takes up too much space.

well, i have two 19" monitors, in fact all the drafters in my company have them, and we were used to have some windows open in one screen while the other was only for working area, things like design center,xref window and even command line were all set to appear on the second screen, unfortunately that seems not to work now with autocad 2009 because of that delay, that only happens when those windows are open, and specially the layer propreties.

thanks anyway for you help

Last time I worked with two monitors, one for text (13") and the other for graphics (21"), DOS still ruled the world and the graphics card cost $3000. The text was in monochrome (amber) too. You got it easy.

well, this is rule that my company has been following since they were working with microstation, at beginning i found it a bit strange and a waste of money, although with time i started to make use of the second screen and right now im like addicted to it :D. but thats ok, if not for cad its always useful for managing files on our internal network to organize projects.

Two monitors but you're running off one video card right? What card would that be? Have the latest drivers loaded? Really can't think of a logical reason for the delay.

hello everybody, im writing this thread due it to a problem im having with Autocad 2009, the issue is that the new feature of working with "Layer Propreties Manager" window open makes autocad really slow, i mean there's a small delay whenever i type a command. Is this happening with someone else?

It is a known problem, you are better off running with it off and using the old layer manager.

I've been having problems with Layer Manager, plotting, and file open-save-close. I work with architectural backgrounds that sometimes are 3d, but we view them from plan view and try to flatten them.

I've got the two monitors as well, but use the second screen to work with other programs like excel, outlook and lighting photometric programs. My properties; layer manager; xref; and design center palettes are docked (to auto minimize) on the left side of my CAD screen. Is this still considered having them open?

I've done service update 1, but not the video driver. I'll get it done tomorrow.

Yeah guys, the best thing is really to close the layer pallete in order to work without delays. It seems like this is a new feature that just doesnt work, i guess that they should have thought about it before.

Well, answering your question if you can consider your pallets open even when they are minimized i dont think so, because the real problem here is that having them open autocad has to process al the information immediately in other to show it on the screen, having them minimized that information is only need it when you open them.

I think this because the delay its bigger when you have the "proprieties window" or "layers window", the same doesnt happen with "reference window" which is in fact the one that has less information to process in the most part of the drawings