Microstation to Autocad

Martini

Ok my situtation is im the new guy and the only drafter at my new company, and we just had the computer wipped clean and started from scratch. And im just getting into the swing of things and now everything from the engineers is showing up in microstation. So I looked into a few companies that convert files (into a number of ways) to convert them for me. So my question is has anyone used or knows of someone who has used a conversion company? I know there are goning to be layer name problems and the other normal headaches that come with conversions.

Sorry for the long post......

Ok my situtation is im the new guy and the only drafter at my new company, and we just had the computer wipped clean and started from scratch. And im just getting into the swing of things and now everything from the engineers is showing up in microstation. So I looked into a few companies that convert files (into a number of ways) to convert them for me. So my question is has anyone used or knows of someone who has used a conversion company? I know there are goning to be layer name problems and the other normal headaches that come with conversions.

Sorry for the long post......

I have never used a conversion company. I have work in microstation and imported autocad drawings, and worked in autocad and open microstation drawings. Why have a conversion company do it for you when autocad 2009 lets you open microstation drawings in it?

Maybe I am just misunderstanding you.

No doesnt read as if you misunderstood me. I was not aware of 2009 being able to open microstation .dgn files. I did read something saying that the two companies joined and tried to make the translation easier for all.

Ok since I read your post I started playing with trying to import .dgn files into LDD 2009, and I kept reading how the two companies agreed or whatever so I was hoping for an easy translation. But man I was not expacting it was that easy. Just import then your done. Sorry for my lack of brains, but thank you very much for the reply. It helped me very much.....