Some hatch patterns won't install

fostertom

Trying to hatch with Predefined patterns e.g. AR-RROOF in modelspace but nothing gets installed, except for Predefined SOLID - no prob with that one, also no prob with any User defined pattern. I can install all hatch patterns OK in another dwg file, which seems to have all same settings - scale, layer etc, and I can copy a block of e.g. AR-RROOF from there and install into the first file, but as I say, can't create any AR_RROOF hatch there from scratch.

Found it - 'hatch pattern too dense'. So AR-RROOF will install OK with scale set to e.g. 25 - but then it looks identical in scale as ditto installed with scale set to 1 in the other file. What other scale settings are there, that are out by a factor of 25, between the 2 files?

That sounds sense. So how do I unload acad.pat or acadiso.pat, one or the other, from any given dwg file? And why don't Hatch Patterns show up along with Dimstyles etc on the Open Drawings tab in Design Center?

I would figure out which patterns are to small, and change them to use a diffent style temporarilly, and then purge the dwg thoroughly, and then reload the patterns from the good file.

Check the state of the MEASUREMENT and MEASUREINIT system variables to ascertain and/or set which hatch pattern (and other) definitions are to be used:

ACAD.PAT contains patterns measured in INCHES.

ACADISO.PAT contains patterns measured in MM.