MISSING TOOLSPACE! Help

skfarkowsky

Hi All

Just started using Civil 3D at work and I got a problem straihgt away:( When I open it I don’t get the main TOOLSPACE. I go to GENERAL-ê TOOLSPACE and get the message “There are currently no palettes to show in the Toolspace window”. I looked for help on AUTODESK website and found only solution

for CIVIL 2006 ( I cannot insert the link as a new user). The file mentioned there CIVIL.CUI is not in Program Files (probably because it’s the solution for an older version J ) . Does anybody know what to do to fix it? Thanx for any help

Regards,

Peter

Did you bother to check for the presence of any CUI's in your program files? Did you encounter any problems when the program was initially installed or didn't you do the installation?

CIVIL.CUI file I've found was in C:\Documents and Settings\sloninap\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2008\enu\Support

The instruction for C3D 2006 was to copy CIVIL.CUI file from Program Files and put into Document and Settings folder. I checked my colegues' PC with C3D which is working fine and there is no CIVIL.CUI file in Program Files. Is it in other directory in 2008?

Thanx

The problem is that the CIVIL.CUI is not in the Program Files on my collegue's PC and it's working fine. I attached the screenshot of that folder

Thank you

SCREEN SHOT.jpg

• 11 months later...
How do you do a repair install?

The subject is covered in your Help files. Search on the word REPAIR. There should be instructions on how to reinstall or repair Civil 3D 2009.

On the command line type "show TS". That should bring it up.

I would be inclined to do a repair install.

Bob, the problem isnt that it wont come up, the problem is that when it does Try to come up there is an error stating there are no pallets. I had this same problem with my first install of 2010 C3D. I agree with doing the repair install however, if that does not work i suggest doing a complete "clean" uninstall then reinstall it. make sure you look up the instructions on how to do a clean uninstall with your version of cad, if you dont follow the directions in which folders to delete after the uninstall then the reinstall could have the same issues as before, maybe more.

I got this problem after installing an update. I ended up hunting down my old civil.cui file (the "read me" tells you to save your cui files before running the update, but I didn't) reloaded it and toolspace came back. This makes me hesitant to install updates.

Im having the same problem only i have more problems lol

My civil menu is loaded but none of the civil applications will work.

So i tried to use "appload" in the Civil folder and all of my civil applications are unable to load. It worked before and was able to get my pallets to show up.

Does civil 3d 2006 have a command called "appload"?

I dont know cause im running 2008

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me once, and one workmate as well, we both modified our .CUI files, I simply changed some keyboard shortcutsl and after that it all went terribly wrong, no, the new shortcuts worked like a charm, but civil didn't have any palettes, the same for my workmate, ended up doing a repair from the cd. Tried a lot of things but nothing else worked. I believe that there is an issue with civil 3d, because autocad users modify .cui quite often without any trouble.

My advice is to do a re-install, if that doesn't work then do a clean install.

I think thats what my IT guy is going to do, i'd do it myself but since i work for a local city gov't, i'd probably get in trouble for something along the lines of tampering with city property and such. "shrugs"

I think a repair might work, but that doesnt solve my problem with "Vault", im curious...if vault was to be removed off my computer would there be certain functions on civil 3d that i would not be able to use? if so what functions would i not be able to do.