Dreamweaver CS3-Hit count

KnoJa31

I am pretty new to the web design game. But I have been given a task to add a hit count to the site that I am creating for my department. My manager wants to see how often it is being used.

The site is located on an internal server that only members of my department will be able to look at. So really it’s not the ideal way to handle the site but that is what im dealing with. Basically a link will be sent to the users via e-mail and a link will be added to other sites within the company. I know, its ridiculous!!!

Any help would be great!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would not say that was unfortunate as I think a hit counter is one of an amature site I think you would be better off with google stats or something at least then you would be able to get some detail on your users too.

I would not say that was unfortunate as I think a hit counter is one of an amature site I think you would be better off with google stats or something at least then you would be able to get some detail on your users too.

Agreed. Google Analytics is the way to go. Lots of excellent stats for free. Hit counters are now considered naff - it's official.