Mouse command problem

biffish

Usually when I double click on my mouse scroll button it zoom extents. Now it doesn't do it. (I switched computers completely.) I've tried using the 'mbuttonpan' command and that doesn't work. Any other suggestions? I'm using AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion, 2009. I believe that this has always been a problem on this computer. Even when the person before me was using 2007.

It's driving me crazy!!! :?

Usually when I double click on my mouse scroll button it zoom extents. Now it doesn't do it. (I switched computers completely.) I've tried using the 'mbuttonpan' command and that doesn't work. Any other suggestions? I'm using AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion, 2009. I believe that this has always been a problem on this computer. Even when the person before me was using 2007.

It's driving me crazy!!! :?

MBUTTONPAN=1

maybe?

Yeah it was already set at 1, so I set it to 0 & tried. Same thing. I changed it back to 1 again and the same thing. When I double click on the scroll button it just zooms out once. And on my old computer when I held down the scroll button it would pan. On this computer I'm on now, it still just zooms out once. (Or a little bit.)

yeah mine does the same thing and im used to the pan also and my new place and computer act different, and i tried the mbuttonpan and it does not work for me......could it be the mouse? i have the microsoft 5000 laser

I would thing there is a setting somewhere that will turn this on or off. However, I don't know where it is but would like to find out.

My problem is sort of the same only opposite. I would like it to stop the zooms extents from a double click.

Can I turn this off?

I would thing there is a setting somewhere that will turn this on or off. However, I don't know where it is but would like to find out.

My problem is sort of the same only opposite. I would like it to stop the zooms extents from a double click.

Can I turn this off?

I dont have an answer...but my question is "why in the world would you want to turn that off?"

I prefure to use double click to edit text and change properties as I do more often than I zoom e. I don't know if I can do both by altering the time but it seems more trouble than it's worth

I prefure to use double click to edit text and change properties as I do more often than I zoom e. I don't know if I can do both by altering the time but it seems more trouble than it's worth

do you have a 3rd button (the scroller)? my left button is used for editing but the 3rd (middle/scroller) is double clicked and does a ZE....

Can I turn this off?

Can't you just do the "mbuttonpan" command & switch it to 0??

do you have a 3rd button (the scroller)? my left button is used for editing but the 3rd (middle/scroller) is double clicked and does a ZE....

Thanks hotrodz

It makes more scense now. The problem I had before is that my scroll wheel press down was way too too sensitive. I was going by memory. I knew I hated that command but couldn't remember why.

I thought it clashed with edit.

I remembered it would fire all the time without me wanting it to. I would often scroll in carefully only to zoom e. I would try again to scroll in. I would zoom e again. Sometimes it took me 4 attempts to try to scroll in. I called the programmer that thought of this command every name in the book and even made up a few more.

I looks like there is something wrong with my mouse at home.

I tried it after your last reply. (I'm at work and using a different mouse) It makes much more scense now.

However I still wish I could disable it. My mouse at home is sensitive and sometime does a zoom e without me wanting it to. However, It is not as sensitive as the one I had when this command first came out.

I was using that mouse with no problems until I upgraded to 2004. that is the first time I saw that command. I assumed the command was stuffed up and not my mouse.

I still wish I could disable it because my new mouse is too sensitive.